Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: Tribal Council
Supervises: Finance Staff
Rate of Pay: DOE
Ensures financial and accounting policies, functions, resources and programs are maintained in accordance with established laws, regulations, policies, procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting Standards. This position is the technical accounting and compliance function within the Pit River Tribe. This is a critical position requiring strong, fully developed governmental accounting skills, knowledge of governmental accounting, and applicable software. Applicant must have a thorough understanding of grant management and compliance. This position is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, tax reporting, and financial grant & contract reports, as well as quarterly reconciliations with programs and/or departments.
- Manages general ledger accounting, including all balance sheet accounts (bank reconciliation), coding of expenditures to proper budget accounts.
· Prepares monthly financial reports, month-end closing procedures, and submit written and oral report to Tribal Council on monthly basis.
· Prepares and files all quarterly and annual tax returns.
· Prepares all draw downs for grants and contracts, issues all financial reports to granting/contract agencies
· Assures complete and proper audit documentation of all accounting transactions.
· Supervises Payroll, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable processing, and oversees all accounting functions.
· Maintains or supervises the maintenance of all contract/grant files for completeness.
· Compliance with all Tribal fiscal policies and procedures and updates as required by agencies, grants or the PRT.
· Manages sensitive/confidential employment information & records, and compensation & benefits administration.
· Archive and Record & Document Management.
· Manages Accounting Information Systems and Government-wide Information Technology Systems.
· Development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, inventory control, and quality control.
· Generate Annual Government-wide Financial Statements and Statement of Activities as required by OMB A-133 Single Audit Act.
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Masters preferred, and five or more years of experience in administering governmental accounting, supervising accounting staff, experience with Sage 100 fund accounting software, grant & contract administration, working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, & Access, willingness to work with substantial detail, meet deadlines, and perform tasks on a repetitive monthly basis. Applicant must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test and employment background check.
Specific Software Experience Requirements:
· Sage 100 Fund Accounting Software
· Sage Human Resources for Fund Accounting
· Sage Employee Web Services for Fund Accounting
· DocStar Document Management
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid California State drivers license and be insurable pursuant to the PRT vehicle policy. May be required to drive a tribal/GSA vehicle to perform job duties. If so, a driving history, background check will be conducted on the applicant.
Preference given to qualified Native American under the Federal Indian Preference Act, (43 CFR, 17.3 [d]). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certification by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
This position requires an awareness and deep appreciation of Indian tradition, custom, and socioeconomic need. It requires the ability, at all times, to meet and deal effectively in contacts with Indian people and organization. This requires tact, courtesy, confidentiality, discretions, resourcefulness, and good judgment in handling sensitive issues.
Please submit all Resumes and Applications to:
Pit River Tribe
36970 Park Avenue
Burney, CA 96013
Phone # 530-335-5421