Job Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
FSLA Status: Non- Exempt
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Closing Date: 4/30/15
We seek an accounts receivable clerk to ensure that we receive payment for goods and services and that all customer payment/deposit transactions are properly recorded. The duties and responsibilities of this position require not only a knack for numbers, but also attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills.
- Prepare bills and invoices for sales or services rendered. These payment requests list information such as a description of the product or service, the date of the transaction and price.
- Collect on accounts by sending bill reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email, fax or mail.
- Record payments by entering them into a ledger or accounting software. In general, you must include the date paid, amount, method of payment and any balance due.
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank deposit. This usually requires totaling and recording the deposit amounts, filling out deposit slips, and bundling the funds and slips.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted. Research any discrepancies by checking bills, invoices, sales receipts and bank deposit records. You may perform this duty daily, weekly or monthly.
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity. Reports typically list active accounts, the status of the accounts and collection costs.
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree with 2-5 years of accounts receivable experience in a medium size organization. Strong interpersonal and organization skills. Detail orientated and able to take ownership of work. Experience with Abila [former Sage MIP] preferred. Excel proficient. Valid driver’s license. Clean criminal background check [No felonies for fraud, embezzlement or crimes of moral turpitude. Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test. Indian preference given to qualified applicants.