Job Title: Payroll Clerk
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
FSLA Status: Non- Exempt
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Closing Date: 4/30/15
The payroll clerk compiles and records employee time and payroll data and be responsible for reviewing time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies. The payroll clerk must have sound decision-making skills and work effectively as a multi-tasker in a deadline-oriented, stressful environment.
- Processing paperwork for new employees and entering employee information into the payroll system
- Verifying attendance, hours worked, pay adjustments, and posting information onto designated records
- Computing wages and deductions, and entering data into computers
- Recording employee information, such as exemptions, transfers and resignations, to maintain and update records
- Processing and issuing employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions
- Keeping track of leave time, such as vacation, personal and sick leave for employees
- Issuing and recording adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
- Issue annual W-2s for the Tribe and calculate state and federal payroll taxes due for each payroll. File and pay payroll taxes in a timely manner. Execute any general ledger entries necessary to facilitate the process.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate payroll record files for all Tribe employees
- Reconcile G/L Tax Payable accounts on a monthly basis.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Business, finance or accounting degree, preferred
- 2+ years of payroll processing experience with ADP, Ceridian or other payroll system
- Excellent client service skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Multi-state payroll processing required
- Knowledge of payroll taxes preferred
- Strong MS Excel, Outlook and Word skills
- Previous experience with the MIP/Abila payroll software
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Criminal Background Check [No felonies for fraud, embezzlement or crimes of moral turpitude].
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
Indian Preference given to all qualified applicants.